*******
Dear PD friends--I have missed the mail from PIEN (though not necessarily
the volume of it ! )since setting NOMail because of our move, but we are
now within a few weeks of the move on Jan 8 and I have been somewhat in
touch through CARE and offlist contacts.

I think  it would be wonderful if some one (or more) of the young onset /
working parent / PWPs on the list could find time to correspond a bit with
a woman who wrote me after reading my homepages on the website.  She really
needs support, but apparently has little chance to join the list, as you
will see from her letter, which I quote below.  I will not add her address
here, but anyone who wants it can let me know offlist.  How about it ?

"Tessie" wrote to me in her first letter last Sunday:

   >  I was 39 when I got the disease. Now I have it for seven years. I"m
still  able
and still working to support my kids(they are four). I don't lose hope and I
always think positively that someday there will be cure to this disease. I
keep on fighting. Maybe that's the reason that until now I'm living a normal
life.
    It's been a long story when I got the disease. I was so deppressed then
as if it's the end of the world. But I've learned to live with it; and I
believe in God that someday
>there wil be a miracle, a cure for parkinsons.

---and in her second letter yesterday:

>dear camilla,
     Thank you for answering my e-mail. I got your e-mail address at the PWP
dumpster gang site. I am from the Philippines, and I first felt the
symptoms of PD
when  I was pregnant to my youngest daughter on November 1992. After I gave
birth, the symptoms was still there. I thought I got a mild stroke, but when
I went to neurologist, they found out it was parkinsons. I was so depressed,
and at that time, I got a problem to my husband and it ended in broke-up. In
l997, I went here in United
States, not only for my PD but also at the same time to support my children
due to
the worsening economic crisis in our country. Now I'm a single parent, and
luckily
I  got a job in a board and care facility. I'm taking care of elderly people
and there's
a lot of residents in here who got PD.
      How I wish I could join the organization of PWP, but my problem is
time. I'm working 6 days a week and this is a live-in job. So I'm just
trying the
internet to make friends with PD and to have communications with them.
     I appreciate your answer to my e-mail and I hope you won't be tired in
reading my letter .
>      tessie

 Let me know if you would like to brighten her day !  I think someone whose
PD experience is similar would be a good contact, but any "friend" would be
appreciated, I know.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "