One often sees messages commenting on how brave a PWP is, how well he is
doing etc. I think there is a certain asymmetry in the response of
outsiders to such an affliction. When sympathy is given, it is to the PWP
and the CG just stands there sort of like a monument or an accessory. It is
rarely realized that Parkinsonisn affects typically two people (at least)
and there are often profound changes in the lifestyle of the CG along with
that of the PWP.

Quote:
We spouses and children share the frustration, the depression, and the
anger that comes with the
shattered plans for dreams of a future that are likely lost forever. Our
social life disapates
and we become increasingly housebound along with the victim. We learn how
much they did for us
as we take over the tasks of running a home one by one when their abilities
diminish. We labor
physically in the care of our spouses or parents and suffer wrenched
muscles, bruises and loss
of sleep. Our dispositions sour as we grow exhausted in our labor of love.
We snap and snarl and
then apologize when circumstances overwhelm us, just as the victim does. We
weep along with
them. We are victims too.

I think this quote from Martha Rorers post well summarizes our situation,
certainly my life has changed and plenty of accomodations are neccessary.
Just curious: Does anybody have an idea how many relationships are broken
and result in separations or divorce. I can easily see that the emotional
an financial strain can break relationships apart. I am hanging in there.

K-F Etzold Cg Carline