Jeannette, Dick is seeing a neurologist that his heart doctor
reccommended. He ssems to be competent enough, but not one to get overly
involved with his patients. I have only talked to him once.  Dick
usually goes to his doctors by himself.  He goes when he is suppose to
and is not afraid to call and ask questions and he will do what the
doctors tell him, (most of the time)  He takes his medication  but
sometimes not as he should.  He has short term memory loss from his
heart attacks.  It is quite a balancing act between keeping the PD meds
coordinated with the heart meds.  He has only been on Sinement about a
year, but in that time, it has been increased three times.  But in spite
of all this, he still  get up at 5am an goes to work and does not stop
until 6pm or later.
His idea has always been that no matter what you just get up every
morning and do what you have to do to the best of your ability and the
rest will take care of itself.  I think I get more out of this  list
than he does.  He does not seem to interested in  what I am learning.
At first, I wanted him to take a disability from the company and  stay
home and take it easy  and enjoy his life while he can, but, now I am
not so sure.  Maybe he is doing what is best for him.  We all cope in
our own way.  I just want him to have the best of whatever is available
to him at any given time.  My concern is that everytime he has a problem
like twitching all night, losing is speech in the middle of the day, (he
is a saleman and that can be very disconcerting  to customers as they
sometimes think he is drunk because his speech gets very  thick and
slurred.)  his doctor just gives him another pill.  It seems I spend all
my time ordering medication. Some of it helps and some doesn't. It also
seems to me that since the onset of his symptoms  (he was unable to
control his saliva) that he has developed other symptoms at a very rapid
pace, but his doctor seems to think
this is normal and just increases his medicine.  I guess I just want to
know if this is how it goes.  I feel we are ignorantly just doing what
we are told to do and hoping that we are doing the right thing..
Suecg