A good friend called me today to say that she had just met with a
professional acquaintance who happened to have PD.  SHe had met him once
before and found him considerably improved in all areas.  He said he
felt much better and told her it was all due to the diet suggested by
Dr. Michael Murray.  My friend passed on the web site address of this
Dr. Murray (doctor Murray.com) and told me that I could find the PD info
under "previous questions" which I did.  There was some discussion on
the symptoms and prognosis for PD and then and anecdotal story of
someone who has helped by the combination of diet and other things which
Dr. Murray recommends.

Very few of these things were familiar to me.  Here are the
recommendations:
    A low protein, high complex carbohydrate diet
    L-methionine:  500 mg. with meals 3x daily
    Vitamin B6:  50 mg. 3x daily
    5-HTP: 150 mg. at bedtime
    D,L-phenylalanine:  500 mg. at least 20 minutes before breakfast
    Ginkgo biloba extract:  80 mg. 3x daily
    Vitamin E:  1200 IU daily
    Vitamin C: 1000 mg 3xdaily

Katherine and others--how does this strike you?  I would be very
interested to hear the impressions of those more knowledgeable than I.

Thanks

Nancy Shlaes deGrazia (62/6)