This idea is excellent.  I would like to help.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Paul Lauer
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 10:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Just an idea

Dear list: Over the weekend, I bumped into an acquaintance who I hadn't seen
in 3 or 4 years who had developed PD, as I had, in the intervening period.
After a short while, it was painfully obvious how little he knew about the
disease even though he was in his third year with it. As it happens, he and
his wife are not computerized, so my intended suggestion to get on the list
would have gone nowhere. But I began to think about all the other pwp who
are
not on the list and wonder what their extent of knowledge was. Aside from
what I learn on the list directly, the references which pop up from time to
time about other sources of info are invaluable and leads one to the sites
fro information gathering. For example, I recently added 'Ask Dr. Lieberman'
to my list membership and receive as much mail from that source as from the
pienet. Anyway, I digress. I was wondering if there would be any sense in
trying to mount an informational campaign, centered say on Neuro's offices,
in an attempt to make more pwp aware of the list. Perhaps someone with PR
skills could compose a flyer which we could download (for uniformity) and
then with Neuro permission, leave a batch of them in waiting rooms or on
bulletin boards for patients to pick up. Any merit? Any other ideas? Or
should I shut up.

Paul H. Lauer