Without your health, how much value will be obtained from the high stress
job?

Jeanette Fuhr 49/47/44?

----------
From: Michael Kamensky <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The List
Date: Saturday, December 18, 1999 10:28 AM

>From: Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
> Sue, I have had short term memory loss as a symptom of a neurological
> disorder (Parkinsons) for many years.

and

>From: Leo Fuhr <[log in to unmask]>
> while for others, the stress of work....esp work that is NOT
enjoyed....can
> increase the symptoms of Parkinson's.

Just two months ago I started the highest stress, most
career-making-or-breaking job I've ever had, with a boss that's getting on
my nerves bigtime, and I've found my short-term memory going right out the
window. I'm forgetting things left and right it seems, often,
embarassingly,
in the presence of my boss. I don't a typical outward tremor, but I do have
a nervousness that seems along the lines of descriptions of internal tremor
that I've read, and it's increased greatly since starting this job. I keep
thinking that if I can just get over a hump in the learning curve of the
job
things will get better, but it's almost enough to make me ditch the career
completely for the sake of my health.