About four years ago #Parkinsons on IRC was started as a way to ease my
growing fear that I would not be able to cope with something I did not
understand. Then, I was able to burn the candle at both ends and pay the
debt later. During those four years Parkinsons has shortened the candle
considerably and has increased the cost of burning both ends to more than I
care to pay.
Recently, I made the decision to cease being manager of #parkinsons.  After
an purchaseing a faster computer and additional software, I talked myself
into a attempt to continue as manager.
I have come to the conclusion that this is not possible.
Concentrating on something such as TV or using the computer uses up my meds
to the point that sleep is not possible. Add to this the fact that I seem to
be loosing the ability to stop working on a task once I start it. The
feeling, the pleasure, of doing something with steady hands, a body that
responds without thought, has become addictive to the point I no longer
trust my ability to know when it's time to stop.
I know it sounds silly. But too many mornings have found me coming to the
realization that I'd spent the night doing something that cound have waited
instead of getting some much needed sleep.

#parkinsons, even at it's birth, was never just me.
It was and is the people who visit regularly and those who drop by
occasionlly. It is made up of those who know little or a lot about
Parkinsons or Computers.  I will still drop in occasionally,
but the time has come to choose and I offer no appology for chooseing
Kristen, nephews, cats, and sunsets.

Marvin Giles (WerPuppy)