Fellow listmembers,

This past Tuesday I finished as a subject in the SEESAW study of
entacapone.  I went on the drug in June of 1994, and I am still live, warm,
and breathing.  I do not seem to have suffered any side effects of
consequence.

During the latter part of the trial I added Sinemet CR to my drug regimen.
The Sinemet CR seemed to have lost its potency, or at least the CR's did
little for me compared to the regular Sinemet or equivalent generic.

It is rumored that Orion Pharma and/or Novartis ran a study in Europe to
determine the effectiveness of entacapone/Comtan/Comtess when used with
Sinemet CR, found that entacapone/Comtan/Comtess was ineffective and of
little or no value to the patient whose levodopa/carbidopa was taken in a
controlled release matrix tablet, and suppressed the findings.  There was
no rumor of adverse side effects.

At the present time I have discontinued the study drugs.

Will Johnnston
A.P.D.A. DelMarVA Chapter Pres.
4049 Oakland School Road
Salisbury MD 21804 USA 410-543-0110