Hi Erika,

Thanks for the reference.  Unfortunately  the research that the booklet
refers to  is anecdotal and doesn't have good double blind data to back it
up. None of the physicians have published on ADHD.  The examples of your
kids that you give while it might be an exception may be nothing more than a
placebo response.   One hears at least in the States- much less about diet
and hyperactivity in the popular  and  professional presses as of late.
While the diet may be healthy- or not- there is not scientific evidence that
it controls ADHD.  If you observed the behavior rather than controlled it it
might have been selective observation or a change in the food cravings he
had -  as well as always a possibility that it was an idiosyncratic reaction
of his  to the food additives.

I make these points because as a retired psychiatrist  who treated ADHD,  I
have watched trends come and go with this and other illnesses and it is
important to recognize what is a fad and what is a real advancement.

Nonetheless,  if it works use it!  If it is not too onerous or expensive a
diet and it seems to help then  use the benefits whether it is coming from
whether real  or placebo or from newts tails and bats wings.  By all means
use what works.

Sorry for the rant again.
And to quote Carol's favorite comedian Dennis Miller, "I may be wrong."

Charlie