No, dont just wait outside.
Be there with him.
i firmly believe that evey  pwp needs am advocate with him at the doctor.
whether it is his/her spouse, or caregiver or good friend,smeone he can trust
to be an inpartial observer.
Often the doctor is so rushed, and the patient is involcved with what he is
doing - touching his nose or tapping his hands or whatever,  and then what
the doctor says is lost , or the patient is confused and forgets things in the
moment theiy are said,
whatever the reason it is important to have somebody there, taking notes,
either mental oar actually with pen and paper. so that there is a clear record
of what went on between doctor and patient.  In fact i have been trying to
promote the idea that part of the help a support group could offer would be to
have  some members  prepared to accompany single pwps and be their advocates
when needed
And not only at the doctor - -but that is another story.

hlary blue (50//33/24)