-----Original Message-----From: janet
Date: Monday, December 20, 1999 10:19 AM

>Virus Alert
>
>If you  receive an email entitled "Fighting Canaries," delete it
immediately. Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty.

>It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also
delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer.

>It demagnetizes the stripes on all of your credit cards.
>
>It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR, and
uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CDs you attempt to play.

>It will recalibrate your refrigerator's coolness settings so all your ice
cream melts and your milk freezes.

>It will program your phone autodial to call only your mother-in-law's
number.

>This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank.
>
>It will drink all your sodas.
>
>It will leave dirty socks on the coffee table when you are expecting
company.

>Its radioactive emissions will cause your toe jam and bellybutton fuzz (be
honest, you have some) to migrate behind your ears.

>It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine, all
while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing the
rendezvous to your Visa card.

>It will cause you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is
only fun until someone loses an eye.

>It will give you Dutch Elm Disease and Tinea.
>
>It will rewrite your backup files, changing all your active verbs to
passive tense and incorporating undetectable misspellings which grossly
change the interpretations of key sentences.

>If the message is opened in a Windows 95/98 environment, it will leave the
toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a
full bathtub.

>It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and
pillows, but it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.

>It will replace all your luncheon meat with Spam.
>
>It will molecularly rearrange your cologne or perfume, causing it to smell
like dill pickles.

>It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is
also a rather interesting shade of mauve.