Juanita Hibbert wrote:

> As a care giver I can agree with your post regarding feeling
> overwhelmed. I had for almost 13yrs had a helpmate. George
> had done all the cooking and grocery shopping. We shared the housework
> and the yard work. Unti 1995 we had worked as a team, doing property
> management. At that point we decided
> due to health problems we both needed to retire. Looking back now, Geo's
> health problems were PD, not dx until fall of 98.
> Now for safety, Geo no longer drives,
> cooks only on his really good days. He still likes to be a part of groc.
> shopping.
> I really have to work at not getting bitchy
> about his moving so slowly, because I hate groc shopping, therefore want
> to get in and get out as quickly as possible. I have tried giving him
> part of the list and
> meeting at the car. This works pretty well. Of course, I find myself
> getting a little irratable when he buys things that are not on the list.
> Like you said caregivers are also victims
> Fortunately for me Geo realizes how much this impacts me and he
> frequently
> both tells me and shows me just how much he appreciates me. We really
> try
> to take the time to have actual conversations and to listen to each
> other.
> Just felt a need to respond to your post and to say I too am hangin in
> there.
> JuanitaCG George 73 dx 98
> .
yeah, hanging in there is an understatement. I just got off the phone
with my brother who informs me that my mother who has PD should be given
her medications and let her OD or whatever.  Not to make it my
responsibility to monitor her meds. Sure, easy for him to say he lives
60 miles away and doesn't have to tend to her daily and weekly.

I am shaking and ready to drive off acliff myself.  WHO THE HELL DOES HE
THINK HE IS!!! He says give her what she wants and make it as easy on
all of us as possible...she (at 87)will be gone soon. Obviously he does
not know she could hang on another 10 years in her early stages of the
disease and not other medical problems to wear her down.

I definitely needed this message board tonite.  THANKS TO YOU ALL>