Leo Fuhr wrote:
> Believe your own doctor and your own experience.  What do you say to this
> Kathyrnne Holden, list nutrition expert and author of "Eat Well, Stay Well
> with Parkinson's Disease"?
> Jeanette Fuhr

Jeannette, acidity can counter the effects of levodopa; however, it's my
understanding that the acidity must be very great, not the mild acidity
of orange juice. In fact, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is added to levodopa
and water to make liquid Sinemet, and some people use Tang with Sinemet.
I think there is a misunderstanding of some kind regarding orange juice.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/