Hi Erika,

Yes, I've managed to get partially back on the Hallelujah diet and even a partial adjustment brings benefits. (Cool benefit, I've lost 6 of the 50 pounds I put on in the last 2 years. I can't stand not fitting into my wardrobe any longer.) My entire family has been sick for the last 10 days. They sound like a TB ward and I am the only one who stayed healthy. I attribute this to the Barleygreen and diet. I told my hubby, Mike, he is going to start taking Barleygreen because he'll feel better.

Modified corn starch caused her problem?!  Wow. We thought it was soy that caused my daughter's asthma attacks; after that we thought it was altered soy. Now, after years of  911 calls for sudden breathing difficulties, she figured out it was MSG. I've been trying to track the names MSG hides under, little success so far.

A person recently mentioned celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and PD. Celiac disease is a congenital birth defect that manifests any time between birth and into the 60s. In a celiac person,  gluten (it is the gliaden portion of the gluten protein) triggers a faulty response in the immune system causing the destruction of  the lining of the small intestine and causing malabsorption of nutrients and medications. It is diagnosed by sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy. A give-away in blood work is chronic low iron level not responsive to supplements. Some people lose weight, some have multi-bowel movements a day (diarrhea). It used to be called the wasting disease. Celiac disease does produce symptoms which mimic PD, and if you have PD, will make it worse unless a gluten-free diet is scrupulously maintained. The good news is it takes only two weeks for the gut to repair itself once starting a gluten-free diet. I have been tearing apart my book case looking for a photo copy of a chapter from one of my neuro's books on just this subject. No luck in the search so far. I'll post it once I locate the hiding place I found for me to have lost it in.

If I don't get back online before the holidays, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all!
Isn't 2000 great? It's like watching the odometer in the car roll over all zeros. LOL.

Very soon I'll have the fun of watching the '83 Subaru roll over 220,000 miles. That little ole car is going to see 250,000 miles before it retires, maybe more.  ;-))