A psychiatrist once had a patient who thought he was dead.  No amount of
argument
could convince his otherwise.  Finally, out of desperation, the psychiatrist
came up with a
brilliant plan.  He decided he would prove to the patient that dead men don’t
bleed.  He
gave him several medical textbooks to read and set up an appointment for the
following
week.

The patient did his homework and arrived at the psychiatrist’s office at the
appointed time.

“Well, what did you discover in your reading?” the psychiatrist asked.

“I discovered that medical evidence proves that dead men don’t bleed,” the
patient replied.

“So if a person were to bleed, you would know for certain that he or she was
not dead?”

“Absolutely,” said the patient.

This was the moment the psychiatrist had been waiting for.  He pulled out a
pin and
pricked the patient’s finger.  Immediately a drop of blood appeared.

The patient looked down at his finger in horror and exclaimed, “Oh, my
goodness, dead
men do bleed!”