Hilary wrote:
>After all, we are a pretty all-pervasive bunch of people. There must be
>representatives of every profession among our ranks, who cold be  very
useful
>in helping those of us in need of help - in any and every area. The problem
is
>, how do we tap these resources, and direct  them where they need to go.

Shucks, Hilary, I had never thought about advocating for parents with
disabilities before - but you have made a case for the need.  After reading
your post I quickly formulated (in my mind) a method by which we could tap
into resources.  Here in Oakland County, Michigan we could begin by drawing
Community Mental Health into the need.  Next, it might be possible for PD
support groups to identify those parents at risk and funnel them into the
developed resource.  Such an effort could be done state-wide and wouldn't
require much funding.  Let me think about this.  My daughter-in-law, Linda
is a vocational rehabilitation counselor.  She might be able to help me
figure out what agencies could help with this task.  Since such agencies are
usually prevalent (albeit, under other titles) in all states, developing
parent advocacy might not be an insurmountable effort.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann