I have just signed onto this listing.  I am 54 years old and was disagnosed
with PD approximately 4 years ago.  I was devastated.  I have always been
very healthy - no colds or flus and was very fit.  I have exercised and
jogged for as long as I can remember and there is no history of PD in my
family.  I am an Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools which
has been a very stressful position at times.  Always under deadlines with
long days and 10 things going at one time.  I first noticed a tremor in my
left hand and then my left foot.  I do not have tremors on my right side.
I have tried several different medications and have had difficult with all
of them - some that caused heart palpitations, etc.  I am now taking
levodopa and permax.  It has taken me approx. two months to adjust to this
with nausea, cramps, headaches, etc. etc.  I do not like this new form of
living, but I must get used to it.  Fatique is a major factor.  I still
want to work as I find it fulfilling, but some days I can barely
concentrate on what I am doing.

Depression seems to want to take over at times.  That is why I have decided
to become part of this Exchange Network.  I am interested in corresponding
with Young Onset (I still consider myself young to have this disease)
parkinson's patients.  I would be happy to hear from anybody though.  To be
honest - the future frightens me.  I have had a hard time accepting what
has been dealt me.

So long for now.

Linda

At 03:08 PM 30/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I have recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's. I have a very obvious right
>side body tremor. I am being sent to yet another neurologist due to the fact
>that my left side seems to have little to no tremor as yet. I have had a few
>full body tremors recently that resulted in my cutting my thumb and needing
>stitches. My question is does this happen to others any? Can on have
>Parkinson's on one side predominately and not yet show signs on the other
>side? My possible origin of this may have come from a defective pulse
>generator implant that threw me into aprox. six weeks of seizures and falls.
>I have no memory of this time, only of what has been told to me. If anyone
>knows of how I could have one side very active and the other not, I would
>appreciate information. Thank You
>
>Kathie and Dave

Linda Kenney, Executive Assistant
Lethbridge School District No. 51