> So what are these changes , dont keep us in the DARK>
> I need some changes as my benefit from the op 2 years ago is gradually
> deminishing and my doctor has made many adjustments with out a great deal
of
> progress.

Dear DBSers,

There is a difference between stimulation adjustments of STN and pallidum,
so you cnnot compare the two.
In addition, there is a difference among STN patients or among pallidal
patients.
The adjustments need to be made systematically and PREFERRABLY in the
hospital.
A sudden improvement after an adjustment may just be a placebo effect, so
you have to wait some days to see whether the result is sustained.
Adjustments should be made by a physician specialized in the field and NOT
BY A NURSE.
As a matter a fact the Neurological Programmer for making the adjustments
states that this device should be restricted for sale, distribution, and use
by a physician.
Advice on which stim. parameters are the best is very difficult because of
interindividual differences.

Good luck, and a happy 2000 for you all.

Chris van der Linden, M.D.