Shouldn't ou take the water soluble vitamins with water and the fat soluble
vitamins with fat?? :)) TIC
Bob Anibal
----- Original Message -----
From: +ACI-Michel Margosis+ACI- +ADw-michelmarg+AEA-erols.com+AD4-
To: +ADw-PARKINSN+AEA-listserv.utoronto.ca+AD4-
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 1999 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: Vitamin C

Michael Kamensky wrote:

+AD4- Part of the reasoning behind this is that C is a water-soluble vitamin and
+AD4- is a fat-soluble vitamin. It's not that the vitamins are incompatible with
+AD4- each other, just that they are most effectively absorbed by different
means.
+AD4- A multivitamin will be absorbed just fine with a well-rounded meal.
+AD4-
+AD4- Personally I group my vitamins together according to this rule -- I take
+AD4- water-soluble ones like C and B's, and Zinc, together with orange juice in
+AD4- the morning and fat-soluble ones like E, Beta Carotene, and Selenium
(which acts
+AD4- jointly with E) with an evening meal.

I really do not wish to belabor this, but how do you separate your multi
vitamins
medications into water soluble (B1, B2, B12, C, etc.) from the fat soluble
(A, E,
tocopherols, etc.).
I also assume that zinc and seleniem are taken as salts because metallic
zinc is
impossible to digest, and semi-metallic selenium is very toxic.
Michel