Barry -

I'm sorry, we don't know what changes the nurse-clinician made in Dick's
programming.  There are five variables, as you probably know.  I think she
said one changes was to increase the amplitude, but I don't remember what the
other change was.  I don't think knowing the changes made to Dick's
stimulator would necessarily help you - everyone is different, and their
programming needs are different, too.

Dick's surgery was at KU Med, where they've done more DBS surgeries than
anywhere else in the country.  I think experience plays an important role,
both in the placement of the electrodes, and in programming the stimulators
afterward.  The nurse-clinician we see does nothing but program stimulators
all day long.  She's so experienced she was able to guess what changes would
help, and with just a couple of keystrokes typed in the changes.  Her first
guess seemed to be the right one.  Dick will go back in a couple of months,
where he's scheduled for an all-day session, which will include "tweaking"
his stimulator settings more to see if we can gain even more improvement.

Best of luck to you.  Margie

<< So what are these changes , dont keep us in the DARK

 I need some changes as my benefit from the op 2 years ago is gradually
 deminishing and my doctor has made many adjustments with out a great deal of
 progress.