i'm ready to buy a wheelchair because i can't walk very far and am beginning
to lose out on various outings. (also, my uptime has been shorter and
shorter, though hopefully that willl improve shortly). are there any tips in
what to look for? all my husband and i are focussing on is light weight for
in and out of the car. he is the healthy one but is no spring chicken even
though he likes to act like one! the only other feature i've noticed in
borrowed chairs at airports etc is sometimes the arm-rests are too high for
comfort.
in addition i probably need a walker because as i add medications i seem to
increase weakness, and loss of balance.......and.....i might need a commode
for those middle of the night emergencies ..if i cant increase my uptime.
thanx for any advice.
nancy spires
p.s. thanx to locals for info re fairfax va support groups--will be in touch
after the holidays.