From: First & Last-Name <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 1999 10:57 PM
Subject: wheelchair

: i'm ready to buy a wheelchair because i can't walk very far and am
beginning
: to lose out on various outings. (also, my uptime has been shorter and
: shorter, though hopefully that willl improve shortly). are there any tips
in
: what to look for? all my husband and i are focussing on is light weight
for
: in and out of the car. he is the healthy one but is no spring chicken even
: though he likes to act like one! the only other feature i've noticed in
: borrowed chairs at airports etc is sometimes the arm-rests are too high
for
: comfort.
: in addition i probably need a walker because as i add medications i seem
: increase weakness, and loss of balance.......and.....i might need a
commode
: for those middle of the night emergencies ..if i cant increase my uptime.
: thanx for any advice.
: nancy spires
: p.s. thanx to locals for info re fairfax va support groups--will be in
touch
: after the holidays.
: