 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        09   deg. F   :-)

What a beautiful message in the new videotape from Dallas,
 titled, "A Story of Hope," which I just watched earlier tonight.

The film runs about 24 minutes,  in color.  It opens with a
spectacular view of the beautiful, blue, planet Earth...
as seen from an orbiting spacecraft.  Back on the ground,
"A Story of Hope" moves easily and professionally
through several scenes of the people of the Dallas Area
Parkinsonism Society, always projecting the message of
hope, love and support.

I especially appreciated the many comments by loving
caregivers of the PWP's.  It introduces Parkinson's
in an uncomplicated way, by showing  support
group meetings, exercise and singing lessons,
and close-up scenes of PWP's and care providers in their
homes. Whether in dyskinesia, in a wearing-off or under-
medicated state, or in smooth and well-medicated states,
a large number of wonderful PWP's step forward to be seen.

It does not show dreary hospital scenes. "A Story of Hope"
keeps focused on wellness, on research, and on the movement
away from medical and surgical strategies to mask the symptoms
of PD, towards research to figure out what the cause
(or causes) of PD. It lets us know that in 20 years, DAPS
has generated $400,000.00, all donated to PD research
nearby.

It is encouraging, full of smiles, full of the message known to
grace the PIEnet messages of our Danish friend Sonia Neilsen,
who always says, "NEVER GIVE UP!"

Thank you JIm West, and DAPS, for a film which, for me, is a
terrific morale-booster!

"A Story of Hope" increases our VISIBILITY, and reduces the shame
and fears that put past generations of PWP's into the closet.

Ivan Suzman, PWP, 50/39/36
Portland, Maine