Linda Kenney,

>>Depression seems to want to take over at times.  That is why I have
decided
to become part of this Exchange Network.  I am interested in corresponding
with Young Onset (I still consider myself young to have this disease)
parkinson's patients.  I would be happy to hear from anybody though.  To be
honest - the future frightens me.  I have had a hard time accepting what
has been dealt me.>>

Your situation is very similar to mine.  I am 49, and was diagnosed at 46.
Taking carbidopa/levodopa, I can function pretty well, but it is very
frustrating.  I work in construction, and I'm now working in Mexico.  My
job is very stressful under normal circumstances, and it seems more
stressful due to the PD.  Anyway, just wanted you to hear from another
person who shares your experience.

PS - I'm scared, too.

Regards,
Dan