call for papers (fwd)

Abigail Ann Young <[log in to unmask]>

REED-L: Records of Early English Drama Discussion

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:52:46 -0500

text/plain

Records of Early English Drama/ Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W
Toronto Ontario Canada
Phone (416) 585-4504/FAX (416) [log in to unmask]
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~reed/reed.html => REED's home page
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~reed/reed-l.html => REED-L's home page
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~reed/stage.html => our theatre resource page

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:21:05 -0500 (EST)
From: "Nancy B. Warren" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: call for papers

I am chairing a session at the December 1998 meeting of the MLA in San
Francisco, and I would like to announce the call for papers.  The session
is sponsored by the Division for Comparative Studies in Medieval
Literature, and the topic is women and monasticism.  I am interested in
papers dealing with texts written by, for, and/or about nuns; the
influences of female monasticism in medieval society; relations between
nunneries and patrons; female monasticism as portrayed in traditionally
"literary" texts; and other interpretations of the topic.  Papers
comparing monastic traditions for women and/or female monasticism in
England and on the Continent are particularly welcome.
        Please send one-page abstracts for papers of 20 minutes reading
time to Nancy Warren, Department of English, 3187 Angell Hall, University
of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1003 USA.  Submissions by e-mail
([log in to unmask]) or fax (313/763-3128) are also welcome.  The deadline
for submission is March 17, 1998.  I look forward to your contributions.

                                     Nancy Warren