LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  May 1997, Week 4

PARKINSN May 1997, Week 4

Intro and Questions

Lynne Motley <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 May 1997 20:40:40 -0400

text/plain

        I'm new here and so glad to have found this list.  I live with
Virginia 78/8, my mother.  I would appreciate hearing anyone's
experiences/knowlege about the drug oxybutynin (Ditropan) or with the drug
propantheline (Pro-Banthine) in conjunction with Sinemet and Parkinsons.

        If it's of interest: My mother's drug regimen is Sinemet CR,
Naproxen, a calcium supplement tablet, Premarin, plus very occasionally a
muscle relaxer tablet at bedtime (the word Flexiril comes to mind, but
that may not be it), and rarely one Trazadone.

        Ditropan and Pro-Banthine are two types of bladder muscle
relaxers, prescribed for people with detrusor hyperreflexia.  My
layperson's interpretation of detrusor hyperreflexia is:  involuntary
contractions of the bladder detrusor muscle, which are one cause of
urinary frequency and urges.

Best,
Lynne Motley