LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  March 1998, Week 2

PARKINSN March 1998, Week 2

PD and Type II Diabetes

Perry Sennewald <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:16:16 -0500

text/plain

My wife is PWP[70/0.5] and also has Type II diabetes[noninsulin dependent].
 Do we have other son the PARKINSN LIST with this combination? If so, I
would appreciate hearing from you as I would like to know if there are any
interactions due to medications and/or diet. For example, a short time
back there was a flurry of anecdotal reports on the LISTof bad experiences
with Nutrasweet[aspartame], used by diabetic to keep sugar intake down, and
PD. Nutrasweet allegedly affects dopamine levels and thus,if true, would
have a direct impact on a PWP. Also, are there other interactions?

Thanks for your comments.
                                Perry Sennewald 732-842-7712