]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  September 1998, Week 1

PARKINSN September 1998, Week 1

Re: Rash with Requip or Sinemet anybody?

Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:22:08 -0400

text/plain

Ernie, don't to be quick to come off the Requip.  I have had the rash for 6
months now.  It started shortly after my late neuro ratcheted my Permax dose
way up ( forgot what the dosage was but it was about double what i had been
on for the previous 6 months.).  When he switched  me Mirapex about a month
later it abated by about 60% or so but i still have it.  It sounds a bit
different than yours - mine is mostly confined to my shins with a little on
one upper arm, but i have never been on Requip.  I have been on Sinement for
about 3 years.  Go figure!
    [Congrats on getting that cancer on time!  There are a lot worse things
than PD, like colon cancer for one. Personally i worry about being so
occupied with fighting this beast that something else creeps up on me, like
cancer or heart disease.  I ran 10-25 miles a week for for 25 years, one
reason being the heart disease prevalent in the males of my family.  I am
now down to zero exercise since May.]
    There have been other discussions about skin problems .  We sufferers of
it should keep each other informed of changes and what may have caused them.
Bruce Anderson (52,4)