Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

PARKINSN Home

PARKINSN  October 1998, Week 3

PARKINSN October 1998, Week 3

Re: Interactivity of Eldepryl and over-the-counter cough syrups

Merlin H Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:41:52 -0700

text/plain

I will share our experience with cough cyrups. Murph had a severe cough
last year, and the Dr. prescribed an over the counter syrup, which said
that PD patients should not take it. I was quite upset, and contacted
his office. He assured me that there was no problem, and in fact, in
some cases, the meds actually helped PD. I would encourage you to
contact your Dr. or pharmacist, but I would say that the possible
problems must be minor.

Bev c/g; Murph PWP 56/7